The Ubiquitous Blog

Friday, July 13, 2007

1st trip to Taiwan!

Yay! I've arrived in Taiwan, 8 hours down, who knows how many more to go!

Taipei airport is kind of quiet, not as busy as I thought it would be...however it could just be the time of day. There aren't many flights departing at the moment, I suppose (it's 6pm). Which is good, because it means I don't have to fight with people to get free internet! Yay for free internet at the airport :o)

Anyway, I quite literally just arrived, so I have to find something to entertain myself with for the next 4 and a half hours until the next leg of the journey to LA. So here's to blogging!

So the story so far...um, I watched 2 movies on the plane? Curse of the Golden Flower and Narnia. One thing though, I don't see what the fuss is about with Curse of the golden Flower. It's quite sad, and in the end, everything that happend was a bit pointless. A bit like a Shakespearian tragedy, really. The set and costume was very elaborate though. All I kept thinking about was how it was such a waste (of resources). Oh, and another thing! Since when did people in the Tang dynasty (or any dynasty in China, for that matter) display such copious amounts of cleavage? I always thought the Chinese dressed conservatively? Wow! I have never seen so much cleavage in a period piece before!

Oh, I should also say, China Airlines is not too bad. I was impressed with the food (I get impressed easily, as long as it's vegan!). Anyway, it was Asian(obviously), and it came with vego meat (the kind that I don't mind i.e. doesn't taste or look much like real meat). I think it was made with dried bean curd, and it came with mushroom sauce (Asian mushroom sauce i.e. shitake mushroom stock, pretty much). It was good, I liked it. And they gave me soy milk and nuttelex margarine! And some kind of rice pudding with pistachios for dessert (made with soy milk). I was quite impressed, so I ate it with gratitude.

And just a cute note to finish off, on the flight map (while we were leaving Brisbane), they displayed some names of nearby cities. They had labelled Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Tawoomba. Yes, that is how they spelt it. I kid you not ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 13 July, 2007 03:37 , Blogger Neon_stamp said...

LOL.
Since when have you complained of cleavage? Besides, it's a movie and we all know that movies MUST have extremely hot breasts in them.

I actually haven't heard of Curse of the Golden Flower. Oh well. I don't stray very far outside my shell.

Maybe there will be Harry Potter on your flight from Taipei to L.A?

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your trip :)
I'll call you when you reach L.A.

Miss you :D

 
At 13 July, 2007 03:48 , Blogger Ruiyi said...

lol. I wasn't complaining about cleavage! I was merely pointing out a possible flaw in a supposedly historic costume. But I may be wrong...

 
At 13 July, 2007 03:53 , Blogger Neon_stamp said...

Maybe they were the Tang dynasty whores. Thus the reason for boob.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home