The Ubiquitous Blog

Monday, September 10, 2007

Off to the farm

Hey hey! I'm heading off to the farm today for 2 or 3 weeks, I don't know whether they have good communication networks there (i.e. phone and internet), so if you don't hear from me, it's not because I've forgotten or whatever.
I'm looking forward to the farm, but a little apprehensive at the same time as I don't know what to expect. All I know is that they're primarily cacao growers, and they make chocolate. Sounds interesting huh? Maybe I can learn how to make chocolate? That would be so very handy! Never will I have problems buying chocolate again, yay! Which reminds me, in Ecuador, they don't eat block chocolate. All the chocolate comes in the form of chocolate biscuits, or wafers, or chocolate bars and the like. Needless to say, they all have milk and are all very sweet. The only block chocolate they have there is cooking chocolate, which also had milk. I had a serious chocolate craving at one stage but couldn't get anything. It was very sad. I ended up finding chocolate biscuits (like oreos but not. Even te oreos have milk products there) which didn't taste anything like chocolate. It was quite disappointing. But coming back to the farm, I don't even know exactly where they're located, seeing as everyone I ask has never heard of the town, and it doesn't exist on any map. It's probably very small (perhaps akins to Chiriboga?). Well, we shall see after I arrive tonight then. The good thing is that I can leave whenever I want, and am not bound to stay for a set amount of time (unlike in Ecuador).
Well, wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 11 September, 2007 04:34 , Blogger Neon_stamp said...

Just be safe you silly girl.

 
At 11 September, 2007 05:47 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruiyi!!! It's Jess here.. your fellow soy drinker! Just found your link on facebook. Sounds like you're having an awesome time over there. Costa Rican chocolate sounds interesting.... not so sure about the milkiness though..:-P

 
At 26 September, 2007 19:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ruiyi,
interesting analysis of the Costa Rican chocolate... :) Fortunately, we've discovered some good-tasting stuff in Perou, Bolivia and Chile. We've eventually made it to Chile, our plane will leave on Sunday. These past weeks of travelling have just passed extremely quickly - probably it's the same for you. Anyway, we just wanted to visit your blog and tell you hi. All the best from your German friends HEIKE and SARAH

 
At 10 November, 2008 23:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home