The Ubiquitous Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Food!

In line with the food posts, here's some more food pics I have collected. These are sugar coated roasted peanuts. They're good, except too sweet for me. I had to drink a lot of water after eating it. I've also noticed that Ecuadorians really like their sweet stuff. The juices are usually drowned in sugar, especially the juices we have for breakfast. Virginia's mother really likes things sweet.
I've also been trying to go to the vego places for lunch. The other day I went to this place called Medra Terra. The soup was good, for once it didn't have potato in it!! It had lots of assorted vegies instead.
Here's the main course. The thing on the side is some sort of nutty curry with soy meat and potatoes. Alas potatoes. But I liked the soy meat. It tasted very soy!
Today we went to another place, I didn't get the name. They had heaps of soy meat type stuff, and it was really nice. Plus it came with unlimited salad, so I refilled about 3 times! What joy! I don't think the other 2 people who were with me really enjoyed it that much. I felt a bit bad because one girl ordered salad, and when it came, it was really small, and only consisted of avocado, tomato and onion. It came with juice, but it was $1.50! But then she said that salad was the only vego thing she eats, so really it was also her fault. She could've tried the other stuff, it was really good! Being vego doesn't limit you to eating salad!
Oh, the soy meat doesn't really taste like meat, it just tasted like seasoning, and it was a bit salty. The green bit on top is avocado. The meal came with fried potatoes.

One thing I've noticed though, all the vego places I go to offer brown rice! It's so awesome! It's so good to eat brown rice, after eating so much white rice and potatoes. Unfortunately, potatoes are slightly unavoidable here. Just like corn, there are about 27 species of corn, and they've been eating it for centuries. I don't mind corn. I have yet to try quinoa, which I will try to make a point of doing before I leave. I must learn how to cook it too!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 05 August, 2007 11:02 , Blogger Neon_stamp said...

Food glorious food!
I'm just kinda glad you're eating over there. I mean, isn't it a meat driven society? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home