The Ubiquitous Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pride

In my walk across the city, I managed to wander into the totally queer part of town. After 3 and a half months of queer abstinence, I was suddenly inundated! There were gay men everywhere! Everyone seems so out and proud too. There were rainbow flags, shops selling rainbow merchandise, gay clubs, cafes and restaurants. One of the cafes/bars was called BGay, BProud, something I did not expect to see in Latin America. Anyway, it looks like there's a pretty big gay scene in that part of town. The rest of the queers though (the LBT part) don't have such high visibility, as per usual. Gay men seem to always dominate the queer scene first. I wonder why that is...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home